Monday, May 14, 2012

Termination of Merfluke Project

On Saturday, I spoke to a group of about 25 people at the Austin Mini-Maker Faire about the Merluke.  I think it was very well received.

I am ending the Merfluke project for now, although anyone is welcome to take up where I left off.  It is not without some regrets and doubts that I end this project.  I don't like to quit.

But one must say "No" to somethings to be able to say "Yes!" to others.

I have begun, along with three friends from Hackerspace ATX, to work on the Public Solar Oven project that I mentioned in this blog.  We have already made some progress, which I will report on soon.  The great advantage of this project is that precisely that others are assisting me.  It is a lot more fun to collaborate than to work in isolation, and nobody ever was interested in assisting with the Merfluke.

1 comment:

  1. Well, onward and upward with the solar oven, if the Merfluke won't behave itself. I do like that you've invented a new verb with Merfluking, and if nothing else it could be used as an abdominal exerciser.

    But working with others could really turn out to be interesting. Since my own work (mostly unpaid) is writing, which is so solitary, I envy people who can be creative on a collaborative basis.

    ReplyDelete